Dogs. There’s a reason we call them man’s best friend. We can learn so many things from a dog’s behavior, personality, demeanor, resiliency, and most importantly, the willingness to provide their family members with unconditional love, loyalty, and companionship down to their very last breath.
You come in the door from a long day’s work. The dog doesn’t judge you; he doesn’t care how you’re dressed or if you’ve just had a really bad day. No matter the situation, your dog is happy to see you. You are greeted with the same enthusiasm each and every time you walk in that door. A dog has the ability to live in the present moment. They don’t regret the past or worry about the future. If we can learn to appreciate and focus on what’s happening in the here and now, we’ll experience a richness of living.
In the presence of a dog, somehow, nothing else matters. A dog is handing out pure love, sparing no expense, and asking absolutely nothing in return. There’s consistency, love, and the beauty of life at its finest.
So, here are 19 special reasons to be thankful to your dog!
1. Your dog is your fearless adventure buddy.
2. And nobody knows how to put a smile on your face better than your pooch.
3. You can always count on him to give you the most loving greetings every time you come home.
4. And you know your dog will do anything for you…
5. …because she knows that you would do anything for her, too.
6. You know NOTHING in the world is better than those puppy kisses.
7. And you’ll always have a reliable playmate with your dog around.
8. No matter how goofy you get, your dog accepts you just the way you are.
9. She’s there to celebrate with you during the happy times…
10. …and make you smile during the harder times.
11. Waking up to that sweet face every morning brightens your day instantly.
12. And even on the rainiest days, you know your dog will always be by your side no matter what.
13. Thanks to your dog, you know what unconditional love and true friendship feels like.
14. And somehow they always find new ways to show you how much they really love you.
15. Your dog never lets you feel lonely because he’s always up for whatever activity you want to do.
16. And you have a built-in cuddle buddy who you can snuggle with whenever you want.
17. They love you when they’re just little tiny tots…
18. …and they still give their whole heart to you every day when they’re old and grey.
19. Most of all, your dog is your best friend who loves you in a way you know no one else could.